Last night I started a new beading project to match a new shirt that I will wear at Bushfire. The music festival is the place where the PCVs all dress up to the nines, and it will be a great place to show off my jewelry.
I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make, and I considered a few patterns from my Zulu beading design book. Ultimately I chose a purportedly-African pattern and switched the three colors to match my shirt.
Of course, the pattern was made with a stitch I haven’t yet learned. I guessed correctly, and started learning even-count peyote. Between a video of the stitch and a document on how to read an even-count peyote pattern, I got started. Except after my first row I realized my pattern wasn’t even-count, but rather odd-count. So I learned the odd-count stitch, which is a bit trickier. The first few rows are a pain, but once I got going, it is quite easy.
The remaining problem will be if I can make enough time in my schedule to finish this before May 25th. Wish me luck!